Erasmus Bernard Van Dulmen Krumpelmann (Bad Kreuznach 1897 - 1987 Zeegse) moved to Amsterdam shortly after his birth. After three years at Gymnasium, he switched to a private drawing course at the Hendrik de Keyser School, where he was expelled after a year due to absenteeism. During the day and in the evening he often made drawings and watercolors around the Zeedijk and Jordaan. In 1914 he passed the state examination in hand drawing.
Political cartoonist Johan Braakensiek provided him with his first illustration assignments and contacts with artists such as August Allebé, George Breitner and Willem Witsen who helped him develop his style. He mainly painted in an impressionist style. After the First World War, during which he was still a soldier, he became a member of Arti et Amicitiae in 1918 and regularly exhibited at member exhibitions.
After his marriage in 1921 he settled in Drentse Zeegse, from where he worked a lot in Groningen. This led to contacts with De Ploeg, and to membership in 1925. There he came into contact with painters from Groningen art circle De Ploeg, after which his painting style became looser and more colorful.
Von Dülmen's work is somewhere between impressionism and expressionism. He found his subjects in cityscapes, Drenthe landscapes, circus scenes and portraits and figure pieces. In addition to working in the Netherlands, Van Dulmen Krumpelmann has also worked extensively abroad. From the mid-1920s he regularly went to Paris, where he painted a large number of canvases with views of the wide boulevards.
In 1946 he was co-founder of De Drentse Schilders, which existed until 1953. He was then co-founder, together with his son Erasmus Herman and Evert Musch, of the Drenthe Painting Society, which still exists. He won the Cultural Prize of Drenthe in 1958. In 1984 the Drents Museum organized a retrospective of his work.